The unsettling notion that I would never see this day has been floating around in my head since I turned the first bolt on disassembly day back in 2018. All that's left are the doors and the body will be ready to bolt to the frame.
I foresee a lot of wet sanding in my future though. Gotta knock down that orange peel.
Popular posts from this blog
Well the wiring harness is on the way and I picked up the steering wheel, the custom horn button should be here today... provided that the post office will make it through the snow! No, that is not a Honda Element on steroids, that is my Bronco with about 2 feet of snow pilled on top! While I do not plan on doing anything with the paint or interior for a while, and even when I do order new seats for safety more than anything else, I won't be doing any custom upholstery for a very long time. I do need to make a choice on the color I'll be tenting the Raptor Liner that will adorn the exterior in June or July. I went to Reno Paint Mart who spent hours with me looking through color books and mixing up several samples (and only charged me $30 for the effort!). The following is the end result of round 1. The goal is a functional, easy to care for coating and color that will resist and hide trail scratches and even minor dents and dings. In this pic, the "Fashion G
Stripped and Disassembled I got the doors and hatch broken down in preparation for media blasting and eventually paint. They're all in good shape with virtually no structural rust. I managed to get all the glass out without breaking anything. I found a donor upper rear sill I need to tackle the side panel glass next.
Chassis Mods are Done! Well with more than a little help from my friend Ryan at Overland Adventure Company, the frame modifications are complete and I just have 12 bolts and four bushings to pull before I can drop this thing off for powder coating. The build phase has officially begun! Ryan does some outstanding fabrication and welding. He was able to salvage the ridiculously poor quality Saginaw power steering "kit" into something usable. My rear shackle mounts are reversed and the front chassis forks are fully boxed.